Room No. 109, First Floor
Tourism Plays a Key Economy for the District even though Agriculture and Fishing are the Major ones. Shrines, Places of Hindu Faith, Mosques forms the Spritual Tourism for the district. Annual Festivals and functions marks glory of the Year. Heritages like Tarangam padi Fort, Poompuhar speaks of the rich civilization of this land.
One of the major economies of the District, Agriculture contributes a higher share of Rice Production in the State. We have raised so many important agricultural crop in our District. Rice, Groundnut, Pulses, Gingelly, Sugarcane and Cotton.
noon meals programme
To provide Nutritious Meal for Pre-school children in the age group of 2 to 5 years in Child Centres and school children in the age group of 5 to 15 years studying in Government / Government aided / Local Body schools from Std. 1 to X. Besides, five boiled eggs per week are provided to children / students on Monday, Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday , 20 grams of Black Bengal Gram or Green Gram on Tuesdays and 20 Grams of boiled potato on Fridays are supplied, thereby improving their overall health and nutritional Status of children. Children in the age group of 1 to 2 years are provided one boiled egg per week and 2 to 4 years child are provided three boiled egg per week in the Anganwadi Centres
- Eligibility criteria for opening of NMP Centres
- If a minimum of 25 children opt to come under the scheme, a Nutritious Meal Centre can be opened in a Government / Government aided / Local body school.
- Officer to be contacted
- District Level
- District Collectors / Personal Assistant [NMP] to the District Collectors
- Block Level
- Block Development Officer[BPT]
- Grievances if any to be reported to
- District Collector/ The Personal Assistant to the District Collectors [NMP]/ Director of Social Welfare, Chennai-5.
Formation of the Office
Office of the Personal Asst to Collector [NMP] nagapattinam was formed from the date of bifurcation of nagapattinam District under the control of the District Collector, nagapattinam.
Activation of the Department
To implement the Puratchi Thalaivar MGR Nutritious Meal Programme in all over nagapattinam District School Nutritious Meal Centres and following activities.
- Releasing the Salary grant and feeding grant to Nutritiou s Meal employees
- Monitoring the supply of food articles by the Tamil Nadu
Civil supplies Corporation Thoothukudi
- Estimating the Free Rice Supply from the Food Corporation of India
- Preparation of Budget.
- Monitoring the Central Govt. Funds released under Mid Day Meal Scheme.
- Construction of new kitchen shed to Noon Meal Centres & repairing the Kitchens sheds
- To procure the Kitchen articles etc.,
- Strength fixation of Nutritious Meal Centres
- Modernization of Kitchens
- Supervising, Monitoring and Management of this scheme
|Food Commodities Calorific||value [Kcal]||Protein [grams]|
|Egg [5 per week]||79.58||6.11|
|Black Bengal gram / Green gram||9.90||0.59|
|Per day in take per student||553.33||18.12|
|Government of India Norms [Minimum]||500.00||15. 00|
|Sl. No.||Food Commodities||5-9 Years||6-8 std||9th &10th Std|
|4||Salt||1.9 g||1.9 g||1.9g|
|5||Vegetables, Condiments & Fuel||70 paise||80 paise||80 paise|
[5 Eggs per week on Monday, Tuesday Wednesday Thursdays & Friday]
|Minimum 46 grams||Minimum 46 grams||Minimum 46 grams|