Room No. 112,First Floor
Tourism Plays a Key Economy for the District even though Agriculture and Fishing are the Major ones. Shrines, Places of Hindu Faith, Mosques forms the Spritual Tourism for the district. Annual Festivals and functions marks glory of the Year. Heritages like Tarangam padi Fort, Poompuhar speaks of the rich civilization of this land.
One of the major economies of the District, Agriculture contributes a higher share of Rice Production in the State. We have raised so many important agricultural crop in our District. Rice, Groundnut, Pulses, Gingelly, Sugarcane and Cotton.
Revenue, mitigation and disaster management Department
The Revenue Administration of the District which also handles the Disaster Management and mitigation subjects is headed by the District Revenue Officer. The office is located in the Collectorate Master Complex. This is divided into the following two Revenue divisions. headed by a Revenue Divisional Officer or a sub collector.
The Divisions manage taluk or a group of taluks as the next level of Revenue management unit. The Taluk is administered by the Tehsildar, assisted by Revenue Inspectors and Village Administrative Officers.The first division contains the following taluks
- Tarangam Padi
Executive Magistrates are appointed by the government as per section 20 CrPC. There are, in each Revenue Districts the following kinds of Executive Magistrates:
- One District Magistrate [DM]
- One or more Additional District Magistrates [ADM]
- One or more Sub-Divisional Magistrates [SDM]
- Executive Magistrates
The Collector is appointed as the DM. Similarly, the Sub-Collectors are appointed as the SDMs. Tahsildars and Deputy Tahsildars are appointed as Executive Magistrates.
List of licenses coming under purview of revenue department are :
- Arms & Gun License
- Cinema Theatres
- Petrol Bunks
The Taluks contains 'firkas', a village or a group of villagesas the revenue units managed by a Revenue Inspector [RI]. The last and least unit of the revenue administration is the 'Village' called as a 'Revenue Village'. managed by a Village Administrative Officer [VAO].The Taluk is administered by Tehsildar, also called as Revenue Administrator.
Revenue Department seeks your co-operation to help you better.
- Application in time with all relevant supporting documents
- Meeting the official concerned directly for assistance
- Refraining from approaching touts or middlemen for help
- Not offering bribe or any other incentive to any government functionary.
- Reporting to the higher officers when bribes are demanded.
You may meet the Tahsildar, Revenue Divisional Officer, District Revenue Officer or Collector generally on any day. All Mondays are however exclusively set apart to hear public grievances. "Monday" is known as "Public Grievances Day". On that day, Public Grievances receive exclusive attention and overriding priority. Similarly, 2nd Wednesday in the month is earmarked for District Administration Authorities to go to interior villages and meet the public directly for on-the-spot addressing of their needs to the extent possible.
The following is the list of Revenue Department officers, who assist the District Collector, in the General Administration of the District.
- District Revenue Officer
- Personal Assistant [General] to the Collector
- Personal Assistant [Accounts] to the Collector
- Sub Collector, Nagercoil
- Revenue Divisional Officer
- District Supply Officer
- District Backward Classes Welfare Officer
- District Adi-Dravidar Welfare Officer
- Assistant Commissioner [Excise]
- Deputy Director, [Mines]
- Tahsildar, Mayiladuthurai
- Tahsildar, Kilvelur
- Tahsildar, Tarangam Padi
- Tahsildar, Thirukuvalai
- Tahsildar, Vedaranyam
- Tahsildar, Kuttalam
- Taluk Supply Officers in each of the Eight Taluks.
- Special Tahsildars [DRS] in each of the 4 Taluks.
- Divisional Excise Officer
- Divisional Excise Officer
- Sanction of Old Age Pension
- Sanction of Pension to Destitute Physically Handicapped persons
- Sanction of Pension to the Destitute Widows
- Sanction of Pension to Destitute Agricultural Labourers
- Sanction of Pension to Destitute Deserted Wives
- Financial Assistance in cases of death of the Bread Winner of the family.
- Financial Assistance in cases of accidental death to the family engaged in 44 chosen professions
- Assistance to Agricultural Labourers and Farmers under Tamil Nadu Agricultural Labourers - Farmers Social Security and Welfare Scheme 2006.
- The scheme of distribution of 2 acres of wastelands to the families of landless poor agriculturists.
- Distribution of Free Colour Television Sets
- Issue of Certificates [Prominent among them are ]
- Destitute Widow
- Legal Heirship
- Intercaste marriage
- Deserted women
- Birth & Death in Village panchayats
- Patta transfer
- Creation of new sub-divisions
- Assignment of cultivable lands and house sites
- Tenancy Law implementation
- Fair Rent fixation
- Distribution of surplus agricultural land under Land Ceiling Act
- Issue of
- N.O.C. for Cinema Theatres
- Pawn Broker's licence
- Licence under Arms Act
- Licence under Explosives Act
Besides the above, Revenue Department registers you as a voter and renders necessary service for inclusion or deletion of names in the Voter's list. It also supplies you copies of Electoral Rolls, in case you need, at a nominal price. It conducts Elections to Parliament and Legislative Assembly.
In times of Natural Calamities like Drought, Flood, Tsunami, Cyclone, Fire, Revenue Department rushes to your rescue with the following Services :-
- Evacuation to safe places
- Providing Food and Shelter during the duration of the calamity
- Assisting with financial help in reconstruction of damaged dwellings.
|A-Section||Revenue Staff Establishment andDisciplinary Proceedings||Personal Assistant[General]]|
|C-Section||Cinema, LawandOrder, Arms Act andrules, Explosive Actandrules, Passport, Character Verification, Foreigners|
|D-Section||Natural calamity, Election, Revenue Recovery Act, Conduct of Examinations, Census.|
|R-Section||Maintenance of Records, Fair copy.|
|G-Section||VAOs'andMenials Establishment, Tenancy Appeal, Staff meeting, Urban Land Tax.|
|B-Section||Land Acquisition||Additional Personal Assistant [APA]|
|J-Section||Lease, Land Assignment , Eviction of Encroachment|
|Y-Section||Alienation, Trees, Forest, Revenue Buildings|
|M-Section||Public Grievances, CM Relief Fund, Accident Relief Fund||Special Deputy Collector[PGRC]|
|E-Section||Pay bills, Motor Vehicles, Loans and Advances.||Personal Assistant [Accounts]|
|V-Section||Sanction of House Building Advance, Audit, Reconciliation|
|H-Section||Teachers Establishment, Maintenance of School Buildings, Most Backward Class hostel||Special Deputy Collector [Kallar Reclamation]|
|I-Section||Inspection of Offices.||Cell Officer|
|K-Section||Local Administration, Establishment, Public Health Committee Meeting, Education.||Personal Assistant [Panchayat Development]|
|L-Section||Adi-Dravida Welfare, Acquisition of House site, Maintenance of Schools and Hostels, Sanction of Scholarships to Adi-Dravida Students.||District Adi-Dravida Welfare Officer|
|N-Section||Irrigation, Wasteland Development.||Personal Assistant [Agriculture]|
|P-Section||Public Distribution System, Essential Commodity Act.||District Supply Officer|
|S-Section||Maintenance of Survey and Land Records, Town Survey||Assistant Director [Survey]|
|W-Section||Backward Class Welfare, Hostel Maintenance, Scholarship to Backwardand Most Backward Class Students||District Backward Class Welfare Officer|
|X-Section||Prohibition and Excise||Assistant Commissioner [Excise]|
PUBLIC GRIEVANCE CELL
Public Grievance Day
The Collector is receiving Petitions from the Public on every Monday. All the District Officers/Second Level Officers are attending the Monday Grievance day, as per Government Orders.The petitions received are given to the concerned Department officers and most of the grievances are redressed on the day itself.The other petitions which are received for grant of benefits under various welfare schemes are sent to the Officers concerned with instructions to dispose them off within one month.Nearly three hundred to four hundred petitions are received, every Monday.The Collector is also reviewing the pendency of Grievance Day petitions at 1.00 pm on every Monday with all Departmental Officers who attend for Grievance Day.No officer is allowed to keep a petition pending for more than one month.
Mass Contact Programme
The Mass Contact Programme is conducted by the Collector, the District Revenue Officer in every alterate month.The petitions collected from the public at Ist Phase are given to the concerned department officers in the village spot itself and replies to the petitions are given to the petitioner on the date of 2nd Phase Mass Contact Programme of that village. In addition th Mass Contact Programme isconducted by the Revenue Divisional Officer also every month in a Revenue Village.
During the second phase of the Mass Contact Programme, the benefits to the beneficiaries are given free medical camp, free veterinary hospital service are also organised in the centres.Exhibition like small savings posters, Agricultural informations to farmers, chouts explaining the need and importance of Rainwater Harvesting and the display of Nutritious Vegetables, the products of SHG are also displaced.
Chief Minister Special Cell [Petitions]
The petitions received from the Chief Minister's Special Cell are registered in a special Register maintained in the Collectorate, and sent them in original to the concerned officers for early disposal.Periodical review on the progress of disposal is taken up by the Collector and District Revenue Officer, every week on Mondays.