Collectorate Master Complex
Nagappattinam 611 011
Tourism Plays a Key Economy for the District even though Agriculture and Fishing are the Major ones. Shrines, Places of Hindu Faith, Mosques forms the Spritual Tourism for the district. Annual Festivals and functions marks glory of the Year. Heritages like Tarangam padi Fort, Poompuhar speaks of the rich civilization of this land.
Fishing, along with Para marine activities like Dry fish ,Prawn farming constitues the second Major economy for the district. The marine ecosystem provides mankind with food, medicines, industrial products and pleasure.
treasury & accounts Department
The District Treasury is located in nagapattinam along with eight constituent sub treasuries what includes mayiladuthurai, Vedaranyam, tarangampadi, sirkazhi spread across the district to provide transactions between the Government and citizens
Automated Treasury Bill Passing System [ATBPS]
Automated Treasury Bill Passing System [ATBPS] is aimed at automating the existing manual bill passing system of Treasuries & Accounts Department, Govt. of Tamil Nadu. Helps in processing the bills presented by DDOs & compilation of accounts. Workflow based System capturing the data starting from bill submission stage at the counters. The officials can process the bills online and take action for passing / rejecting the bills. Helps in maintaining all transactions of the Government and sending reports to Accountant General.
- Centralised Software at the District level
- Role based web enabled system
- Bill details capturing at various levels
- Bill Auditing
- Monitoring the bill processing functions
- Cheque / ECS Credit for Payments
- Generating daily transaction reports
- Provision for uploading of Bank Scroll Data[Government receipts]
- Accounts compilation for submitting to AG's Office.
Unique features of ATBPS
- Unlike in other states the thrust is on real 'online' where right from presentation of the bills to compilation of accounts would be "online".
- The systems implemented so far had been back-office systems for capturing the details from the passed bills for generating required Accounts Statements and Registers.
- Workflow based Systems capturing the data starting from bill submission stage at the counters.
- The officials can process the bills online and take action for passing / rejecting the claim.
- The application software developed by NIC is under Windows and ASP.NET environment with SQL Server 2000 as database.
- The system provides online Envioronment.
- This was taken up for pilot implementation at Karur and Theni District Treasuries and their Sub Treasuries besides PAO Secretariat. Regular run of ATBPS commenced at PAO[Secretariat],Chennai, Karur and Theni Districts from 2007.
e- governance initiatives and IF & HRMS
Now the Department of Treasuries and Accounts is making a holistic approach towards e-governance, focusing on process engineering, workload optimization and robust management of state finance with the help of technology and the Department has decided to embark upon its next phase of e-governance initiatives.
An Integrated Financial & Human Resource Management System [IF&HRMS] is at the core of this transformation. The IF&HRMS shall take care of activities of the Finance Department to a larger extent by bringing Department of Treasuries and Accounts and other departments online and ensuring real time updating of the Government financial transactions. The IF&HRMS will also take care of the Human Resource Component by reducing the workload and associated drudgery at various levels besides making it paper less and provide a hassle free environment for transactions with and within the Finance Department / Treasury Department/ other Departments and thereby ensure robust management of the State finances.
networking & connectivity
- Intranet based system for capture of salary details under Electronic Clearance System implemented at PAOs and all District Treasuries
- Health Fund Scheme Management System developed in- house by the office of T&A
- All India Service Officers Group Insurance Accounting System developed in-house the office of T&A Stamp account Management Information System developed by NIC ECS Information System developed by NIC through which any employee may access status of salary and non salary bills by entering GPF account no./bank account no./token number.
- TNSWAN - ELCOT has established vertical connectivity to Chennai with all district head quarters and in turn with all Taluk headquarters. Proposals sent to Government to link all the PAOs / District Treasuries, Sub-Treasuries and all other offices of this department, through horizontal connectivity. In TNSWAN, 104 locations have already been connected .